Today I have the pleasure of reviewing the Rachael Ray’s second improved version of her cookware set, the Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece cookware Set in Black. Made from Aluminium this medium priced set of cookware has made her debut in the upcoming World of anodised cookware trend. At first glance the elegance and style of this set would attract any budding chef or cook with a flair for style in their home.
For those that are already Rachael Ray fans you will be pleased to note that not only does the design attract but this set is dishwasher safe which is probably a very important feature for those who are left to clean afterwards.
Its attractive design and the added feature of being dishwasher safe is enough to make this the best option on the market, let’s take a tour of the features and pros and cons and reach a conclusion.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION, FEATURES AND SPECIFICATION
The Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set comes with:
- 1 quart sauce pot
- 2 quart sauce pot
- 6 quart stockpot
- 3 quart sauté
- 8.5″ and a 10.5″ skillet
Each item of cookware has a glass lid except for the two skillets. This may not suit those that are looking for a more comprehensive set which is available in this range. For now we will focus on this set which will probably suit the smaller family units of up to 4 people, such a bachelors, couples or even college students who prefer the healthier option of cooking as compared to fast food. Bigger families may want to look at other options.
The handles of the pot are stainless steel and covered in orange rubber which can handle up to 350 degrees, which could suit most needs however, some might prefer a set that is capable of withstanding more. The pots are made out of charcoal black that contrasts perfectly with the orange handles. The lids are tempered glass with stainless steel handles.
Dishwasher safe and with a non-stick coating makes this set practical for the smaller family. Easy to pour from and clean whether you are hand washing or using a dishwasher.
Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set in Black – Pros
- If you are the type to display your cookware as features in your kitchen, then in my opinion, there is no other cookware set on the market that beats the design and looks of Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set; this is what sets it apart from other makes. Flaunt it at dinner parties.
- The non-stick surface of the cookware set is practical for pouring and cleaning.
- The Cookware Set is light and compact, and for smaller families where space is a concern this cookware set is the perfect choice.
- This product is medium priced and given the stylish looks and practicality of this set, you won’t be blowing the bank for a cookware set that serves its purpose well. My guess is your guests may think you have spent a fortune given the looks
- This cookware set not only looks nice, but it cooks tasty and it is very easy to clean. It is indeed a best buy for 12 pieces and the ones you use daily. It can fit well in your pots & pan drawer and it looks pretty on your stove too. You can also recommend this cookware product to your friends.
Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set in Black – Con
This set will not suit larger families unless you add to the set. The set is fairly light and you may find that you are limited at recipe options. The rubber handles can only handle up to 350 degrees in an oven. What may be of concern is that we were not able to gather information of whether this set PFOA free or PTFE free.
While there may be other cookware which would better suit the cooking and kitchen gadgets enthusiast, overall the medium pricing, practicality and design sets the Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12 Piece Cookware Set apart from the competition especially if you want style combined with practicality. All round a good cookware set for the smaller family from novice cook to budding chef.
Rachael Ray may very well be upping the game in the cookware and kitchen gadget market however it appears that she has not as yet succeeded in meeting the needs of seasoned chef’s and cooking enthusiasts who require more versatility.